Privacy and Cookies
To view CSC's Privacy Shield Framework Compliance Statement for Data Privacy, please click here: https://www.cscglobal.com/service/csc/privacy.
CSC is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the United States Federal Trade Commission.
1. PERSONAL DATA
This Privacy Statement applies to personal data submitted to us through this website and CSC's various service applications.
Any questions or concerns about the interpretation or operation of this Policy or about what may or may not be done with regard to personal information should be directed in the first instance to our legal department, which can be contacted at +1 (302) 636-5400.
4. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT, AND WHY
The information we collect from you may include the following: your name, gender, date of birth, home, and work contact details such as business title, email address, IP address, telephone number, country in which you reside, payment information, purchase history, and your reviews and opinions about our products and services. Some CSC services may require additional information which we will inform you of when we request such information.
4.1. INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU
If you use this website or its various applications, you may be required to provide the following information as part of registration: first name, last name, company name, title, address, city, state, zip, telephone, email address, preferred method of contact (email, phone, postal), account number, service and product interest information, and intended use of services or products. In addition, you may choose to provide additional information relating to yourself or your companies to take advantage of different services available on this website.
We generally do not require you to provide sensitive personal data, such as that which reveals race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or information that concerns health or sex life.
4.2. LOG FILES
We also periodically gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click-stream data.
4.3.1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies can be removed from your browser in two ways: automatically (when they expire), or when you manually delete them. We've included more details below to help you understand what kinds of cookies we use and how you can manage them.
CSC's primary reason for using cookies is to make our website work more effectively.
4.3.3. WHAT KINDS OF COOKIES DOES CSC USE AND WHY?
· Session cookies: These temporary cookies expire and are automatically erased whenever you close your browser. We use session cookies to grant our customers access to content and to enable commenting.
· Persistent cookies: These usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering our users' preferences and choices when using our site or to target advertising.
· First- and third-party cookies: Whether a cookie is "first" or "third" party refers to the website or domain placing the cookie. In basic terms, first-party cookies are set by a website visited by the user—the website displayed in the URL window. Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain, such as google.com, other than the one being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a separate company sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
4.3.4. WHAT OTHER COOKIES MIGHT YOU ENCOUNTER ON THE CSC WEBSITE?
We may also use third-party cookies on the site. In keeping with our policies, these session or persistent cookies are set only by trusted partners of CSC.
If you prefer not to receive cookies through our website you can set your browser to either reject all cookies (see below), to allow only "trusted" websites to set them, or to accept only those cookies from those sites you currently use. If you access our website in Europe, you can refuse to click the "I accept" box or click the "I disagree" box when you are presented with a cookie notice on our homepage.
When you access our website outside of Europe, our system will automatically issue cookies when you log on to our website (unless you have set your browser to reject them).
4.3.5. COOKIES WE DO NOT USE
We do not use flash cookies (sometimes known as local shared objects or LSOs).
4.3.7. WILL THE SITE WORK IF YOU DISABLE COOKIES?
You can browse our site with cookies disabled, though some interactions may not work properly.
4.3.8. EU COOKIE LAW
4.3.9. MANAGE YOUR COOKIES
There are several ways you can manage your cookie settings and preferences.
· Learn about cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
· UK Based
4.4. CHILDREN'S INFORMATION
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18 and we do not target our websites to children under 18. If we determine that an individual under the age of 18 has submitted information to this site, we delete that information.
5. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use the personal data we collect:
· to provide you with information, goods, or services which you have requested;
· to contact you in connection with support-related activities;
· to contact you in the event that we have announcements regarding this website or the applications within this website;
· to fulfill any other purpose for which you provided it;
· for billing and collect